Some questions our guests often ask, please consult the FAQ page for all the FAQ’s before sending your enquiry.
Question: Does the price include breakfast?
No, the yurts are rented on a self catering basis, so no meals are included in the price.
Question: What airports are on the island?
There is Olbia (Costa Smeralda) and Cagliari (Elmas) and Alghero (Fertilia). Cagliari is about 1 and a half hours drive and Olbia is about 2 hours drive away and Alghero is about 2 and a half hours. You will need to arrange transfers by bus, taxi or hire a car.
Question: How far are you from the nearest town?
The nearest towns are Jerzu and Tertenia, each are 8km away. There are also larger towns of Tortolì and Lanusei approximately 20-30 minutes drive away.
Question: Do you have any Covid-19 procedures in place?
Yes, we want your stay with us to be safe and Covid-free!
If you have a temperature of 37.5 or more, or are showing any symptoms of the virus, please do not travel; stay where you are and quarantine for 14 days. Due to being in the high-risk criteria of the population, we will not admit guests if they are showing a temperature or symptoms on arrival.
The European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) issued a joint document defining measures to assure the health safety of air travellers and aviation personnel once airlines resume regular flight schedules following the severe disruption caused by COVID-19.
- People not travelling will need to say goodbye to the passenger before they enter the terminal building, except in defined special cases.
- Observe physical distancing of 1.5m wherever it is possible.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Cover mouth and nose with a paper towel cover or a flexed elbow when sneezing or coughing, even when wearing a mask.
- Limit direct contact (touch) of any surfaces in the airport and on the aircraft to only when necessary.
- Wash your hands regularly and always after touching any surfaces or your face.
- Medical standard face masks should be used in all airports and aircraft from the moment in which a person enters the departure terminal until they exit the terminal building at their destination.
- It is recommended to change your Face mask every 4 hours.
- Dispose of used face masks in the no-touch bins at exit of the airport.
If you suspect you have been exposed to the virus within 14 days before your trip, or if you feel unwell and showing symptoms, please do not attempt to travel.
If you develop any symptoms during your stay, please notify us immediately so we can inform authorities and enact quarantine procedures.
We are following WHO and local government guidelines for cleaning and also blocking 24 hours between bookings in order to properly ventilate and clean the guest accommodations.
We have only 2 yurts on site and therefore there will be a maximum of one other party here with you during your stay.
During your stay
Please read the following advice carefully and speak to us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Maintain a safe distance (at least 2m) between yourself and us or any other guests at all times.
- If inside when others are present, please wear a mask at all times.
- Always wear shoes or flip flops, slippers etc. Do not walk bare foot inside.
- Please spray all surfaces (surfaces, handles, taps, bin lids, toilet lid etc) you have used in communal areas (Bathroom, Kitchen, Pool, Hot Tub, etc) before & after use with the anti-bacterial alcohol spray provided. We will be cleaning regularly, but please do this anyway for your own safety.
- To use the Hot Tub or Pool it is necessary to make an appointment.
- Only use the pool and/or hot tub with members of your own party.
- Put all clothing and towels in a bag – do not leave them on chairs or sunbeds
- Hair covering is mandatory in the pool, please ensure you bring a swim cap with you.
- Shower and wash hands thoroughly using soap before using the pool and hot tub.
- Do not allow water from the pool or hot tub to get into your mouth.
- Do not blow nose, spit or urinate in the water.
- Please wait to use the kitchen if another party is preparing their food in there.
- Please immediately dispose of any used tissues in the bin, do not place them or leave them lying on surfaces.
- Clean your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap & water regularly; before & after touching any surfaces and/or your face.
- Please inform us immediately if you begin to suffer any symptoms or develop a fever.
Things to bring with you
Swim cap if you intend to use splash pool or hot tub
Face masks for each member of your party
Flip flops or slippers for inside use
Beach bag for clothing and towels
At the shops
You may be restricted from entering shops freely and may need to wait to be permitted entry in order for the shop to ensure social distancing between shoppers. If there is a queue, please wait your turn and maintain at least 2m from the person in front of you.
You are required to wear a face mask and gloves when entering shops and enclosed locations. Please ensure you arrive prepared.
Shops should have hand sanitiser for you to use before entering and when leaving the shop.
At the Beach
There may be booking systems in place or the need to make reservations to attend local beaches.
Umbrellas / Beach Space - Recommendations are for 4.5m between umbrellas on the same row and 5m between rows.
If you are attending a beach that has no restrictions in place, we suggest you follow these recommendations voluntarily.
It is permitted to swim, surf, paddleboard, snorkel and play beach tennis. It is not permitted to play volleyball or beach football.
When swimming, maintain a distance of at least 5m from other swimmers.
It is the individual’s responsibility to stick to the guidelines on free beaches, even if there is supervision and lifesavers.
Remember to take all rubbish away with you, or put it in the bins provided if available. Do not leave rubbish and plastic on the beach or in the countryside.
At the Restaurant
Reservations may be required in advance. Please ask us to call them if you are unsure and do not speak Italian.
You should be allowed a space of 4 square meters.
Staff and waiters should be wearing masks and gloves.
If you feel the tables are too close together and do not give you adequate social distancing space, or if you feel the staff or other guests are not following proper safety guidelines, please leave the establishment for your own safety.
Question: Are dogs allowed?
Yes, we accept reservations with dogs. However please bear in mind that we also have two labradors on site and this is their permanent home. Please ensure your dog is always under your control whilst on site and please clean up after your pet.
Question: How far are you from the beach?
The closest beach is Cardedu and is about 15 minutes drive away. There are a huge selection of beaches along the coast within the range of 15-45 minutes drive.
Question: What will the weather be like?
The weather in Ogliastra is mild: it is, on average, 7°C warmer than London and just 2°C cooler than the Costa Blanca, in the summer months of June, July and August, the temperature reaches 30°C-40°C based on historical averages. You will have around 8 hours sunshine each day, however there may be occasional showers in the months of May, June, September & October, so bring a light waterproof jacket if travelling out of peak season. You can check out more statistics here. The sea temperature is also mild, even in the coldest months, January to March, the sea temperature doesn’t fall below 13°C. From June to September it is around 21-23°C and in July and August it can get up to 24°C.
Question: Which airport is closest to the yurts?
Cagliari Elmas is the closest airport.
Question: What if I want to cancel?
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to over any possible cancellation charges from the time you confirm your booking. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions to see our full Cancellation Policy. Charges are set out below:
If the booking is cancelled by the client, for whatever reason, the following charges will apply:
– After paying deposit and within 45 days before departure: 30% deposit will be charged as cancellation fee
– After the settlement has been paid and within 30 days before departure: 75% cancellation fee will be applied
– After the settlement has been paid and less than 30 days before departure: 100% cancellation fee will be applied
Question: Do I have to pay a deposit?
Yes, all bookings through the website require a deposit, a 30% non-refundable deposit is requested. Full settlement is due 30 days before departure at the latest. If your full settlement is not received by the due date, we may not be able to confirm your stay.
Still have a question?
Contact us below
Your Question was successfuly sent!
The validation of the form was not successful!
There was an error sending the form, try again later or contact your system administrator.